S9 Campus Sterre
For the 17th consecutive year the Institute for Continuing Education in Science (ICES, UGent) and the Center for Statistics (CvS, UGent) have joined forces to offer this series.
Our courses are aimed at professionals and participants with an academic training who wish to keep up to date or discover new areas of research.
The 2016-2017 program consists of the following 10 modules.
• Module 1: Introduction to R (4 evenings, October 2016)
• Module 2: Introductory Statistics. Basics of Statistical Inference (7 evenings, October-December 2016)
• Module 3: Analysis of Variance (7 evenings, January-February 2017)
• Module 4: Workshop on Data Visualisation (1 day, January 11, 2017)
• Module 5: Sample Size Calculations (5 evenings, February-March, 2017)
• Module 6: Applied Linear Regression (5 evenings, February-March 2017)
• Module 7: Multilevel Analysis for Grouped and Longitudinal Data (3 days, April 2017)
• Module 8: R Intermediate Course (4 evenings, May 2017)
• Module 9: Nonparametric Methods (2,5 days, May 2017)
• Module 10: Missing Data (3 days, May 2017)
All courses are taught in English, facilitating international participation.
An optional exam is connected to all modules, except Modules 1 and 8. Participants who succeed in such test receive the corresponding certificate of Ghent University. A module can thus be incorporated in a doctoral training program.
Information about these courses (programs, dates/times, prices, course prerequisites, registration form, etc.) is available at http://www.ugent.be/we/en/services/ICES.