The Trait Research division of Bayer Crop Science is improving plant properties in agricultural crops such as oilseed rape, cotton, rice, soybean, sugarcane and wheat. The incumbent will be part of the Trait Research Genomics group which is responsible for developing the biological and computational genomics resources of our core crops. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Your tasks and responsibilities
• You contribute to the development of competitive research programs in the Omics/Genomics field using state-of-the-art know-how and technology by proposing innovative trait product concepts in diverse application fields
• You will be in charge of leading tasks within the research programs by improving the ability and competence of research teams to design and implement experimental approaches in line with the research operational plan, including external scientific collaborations
• Showing leadership, we expect you to have impact on our genomics and digital strategy by bringing and implementing innovative ideas acquired through scouting and networking. You develop and communicate ideas for novel business opportunities
• You proactively acquire, maintain and share relevant scientific networks
Who you are
• You obtained a PhD with at least 10 years of successful research experience in computational sciences and/or biostatistics
• You have in-depth scientific knowledge and knowledge in diverse biotechnology expertise fields
• You are a recognized innovator
• You demonstrate pro-activity, and have a positive and constructive mindset
• You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• You are capable of proposing and managing part of the activities within a research program.
• You developed leadership skills and have a multi-cultural mindset
• You show professionalism by ensuring confidentiality and protection of competitive know-how.
• You are fluent in English
• You have experience with software in the specific field
• You demonstrated to be a team player who has the ability to recognize, understand and appreciate the viewpoints of others
Apply on the company's website: https://career.bayer.be/job/Senior-Scientist-Genomics--0000166532.html
Info-Hotline: +32 2 535 66 99