Park Inn by Radisson Leuven
Are you ready to discover the dark side of the genome?
Then join the upcoming VIB training on The Non-Coding Genome, which will be held in Leuven on 12 May 2016.
Although it was known for quite some time that the genome size of many eukaryotes does not appear to be related to genetic complexity, only recently Next-generation sequencing has unveiled that most of the genome is actually transcribed, whereas only less than 2% is translated into proteins. Although the mechanisms of action of non-coding RNA are not yet completely understood, they are emerging as versatile regulators of all processes in the cell and as ideal biomarkers and therapeutic targets.
The goal of the training is to give an overview of the field and to integrate recent findings and the most advanced tools available to study these fascinating molecules.
For more information about the training and registration, please visit the training website.
Session 1: Introduction to non-coding RNA
• Leonard Lipovich (Wayne State University, Detroit, US)
• Nikolaus Rajewsky (Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine, DE)
Session 2: Non-coding RNA sample prep and analysis
• Sascha Laubinger (MPI Chemical Genomics Centre, Dortmund, DE)
• Mark Lindsay (University of Bath, UK)
Session 3: Non-coding RNA case studies and data-analysis
• Pieter Mestdagh (Center for Medical Genetics, Ghent University, BE) (BIG N2N)
• Chris Marine (VIB Laboratory for Molecular Cancer Biology, KU Leuven, BE)
• Damien Hermand (University of Namur, BE)
Session 4: Commercial Tools for non-coding RNA research
• Jo Vandesompele (Biogazelle, BE) (BIG N2N)
• Peter Mouritzen (Exiqon, DK)
• Hans E. Johansson (LGC Biosearch Technologies, US)
On behalf of the Organizing Committee we hope to welcome you at the VIB training on The Non-Coding Genome!
Eleonora Leucci (VIB Laboratory for Molecular Cancer Biology, KU Leuven)
Mark Veugelers (VIB Technology Watch team)
Cecilia De Winter (VIB Training team)
Registration and more information: http://www.vib.be/en/training/research-training/courses/Pages/The-Non-Co...